Direct: (214) 775-0631 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Sanders was an equity partner at one of the largest international law firms in Texas. After clerking for the Supreme Court of Nevada for a year and practicing law for more than 13 years, Jason elected to leave the law firm to start Sanders Collins PLLC. His practice focuses on complex business related and financial services litigation. He has litigated hundreds of lawsuits and tried more than 20 cases in state court, federal court, and arbitration. Jason has litigated cases all over Texas and in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wyoming. He has also handled appeals in state and federal court. Texas Monthly and Law & Politics Magazine regularly named Jason a “Rising Star” and in 2017 named him a “Texas Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation.
Some of Jason's experience includes:
- Obtained dismissal of putative nationwide class action in federal court against national bank related to allegations of unlawfully substituting the index used to calculate adjustable rate mortgage loans.
- Obtained dismissal of putative California class action in state court against national bank related to allegations of unlawfully substituting the index used to calculate adjustable rate mortgage loans.
- Defended and settled an Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") class action in federal court alleging unlawful credit pulls after bankruptcy discharge.
- Secured complete defense arbitration award for national bank in case in which plaintiffs alleged claims for usury, deceptive trade practices, and breach of contract.
- Secured a jury verdict and judgment in a federal jury trial that included actual and punitive damages, costs, and attorney fees against a county officer who assaulted the plaintiff while incarcerated.
- Obtained directed verdict in jury trial in which plaintiff sued multiple energy companies to remove a natural gas pipeline running across plaintiff's property.
- Obtained summary judgment on tort claims and later secured a judgment as a matter of law on a breach of contract claim after factoring company presented its case in trial in an adversary proceeding in bankruptcy court.
- Secured directed verdicts in two jury trials for one of the largest residential property management companies in the United States.
- First-chaired over 15 temporary restraining order and injunction hearings in state and federal court.
- Obtained appointment of a receiver in federal court to liquidate millions of dollars in collateral in multiple states across the United States.
- Prosecuted and defended civil claims on behalf of developers and owners in construction litigation with general contractors, architects, engineers, and subcontractors in Arizona, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- Defended mortgage lenders and servicers in state and federal court in individual and putative class-action litigation.
- Prosecuted civil claims for mortgage servicers and investors in mortgage-repurchase litigation.
- Defended mortgage lenders, servicers, and investors in breach of contract, tort, TILA, RESPA, SCRA, FDCPA, and FCRA litigation.
- Prosecuted civil claims for mortgage lender and the FDIC in mortgage-fraud litigation.
- Represented REIT in various types of legal disputes.
- Represented entities in mortgage-backed securities litigation.
- Defended insurance companies and third-party administrators in ERISA litigation and prompt-payment arbitration.
- Prosecuted and defended civil claims on behalf of franchisors in franchise litigation.
- Represented entities in cases involving receivers, injunctions, prejudgment writs of attachment, and garnishments.
- Member, Sanders Collins PLLC
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Judicial Law Clerk, Justice Miriam Shearing, Supreme Court of Nevada
- Member, Stakeholder 100
- Named, Texas Rising Star by Texas Monthly magazine (2009-2015)
- Former Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Associate
Publications and Presentations
Speaking Engagement at the 49th Annual William W. Gibson, Jr. Mortgage Lending Institute, in Austin September 17, 2015 and Dallas November 5, 2015
Presented at the 23rd National Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation, July 2015
Borrower Challenges to Foreclosure and Lender Responses, Texas Foreclosure Manual, Third Edition, 2014
J.D., with distinction, University of Iowa College of Law
- Member, Black Law Students Association
- Baskerville Moot Court Competition
- Moot Court Board, Student Judge
B.A., cum laude with distinction, Sonoma State University
- All Texas State Courts
- All Arizona State Courts
- All California State Courts
- All New York State Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan